Qualified Charitable Distributions

Published Oct 17, 2023

Qualified Charitable Distributions

Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA Plan

If you’re age 70½ or older, you can make a direct donation of up to $100,000 per year to charitable organizations from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), without the withdrawal being treated as taxable income. The withdrawal can be counted toward your Required Minimum Distribution.

Donations must come directly from your IRA.  Unfortunately, 401(k), 403(b) and other types of retirement plans are not eligible. 

How it Works

To make a donation, contact your plan administrator and request a “Qualified Charitable Distribution” to be sent to:

Food & Water Watch

Attn: Gift Processing 

1616 P St. NW, Suite 300

Washington, DC 20036

You will need to provide your plan administrator with Food & Water Watch’s address and federal Employer Identification Number (EIN): 32-0160439.

Federal ID (EIN): 32-0160439

Food & Water Watch Headquarters
1616 P Street NW
Washington, DC 20036

For assistance, call: 202-683-4968

Please notify us when you make a distribution so that we can acknowledge your gift and send you a receipt for tax purposes.


Make a gift to ban factory farms ~and have it matched $2-to-$1!