Food and Water Watch respects your privacy. We are committed to transparency in how we use and share your personal information.
Table of Contents
1. Contact details
Food & Water Watch,
1616 P St NW #300, Washington, DC 20036,
Attn: Data Privacy Manager,
Email: [email protected]
2. Food & Water Watch Mission and legitimate interests
Food & Water Watch fights for safe food, clean water, and a livable climate for all of us. We protect people from the corporations and other destructive economic interests that put profit ahead of everything else. Any information we collect serves to further our mission, including but not limited to the following:
- To send you information about our allies and partners.
- To personalize your interactions with Food & Water Watch, such as to customize web and email content based on your interests, send you requests to participate in events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to process donations, renew your membership or send you information about a project, as well as to provide membership services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to participate in promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Sites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our activities.
3. What information we collect
When you visit the Sites, Food & Water Watch, including its service providers and data processors (collectively referred as “We”, “Us”, or “Food & Water Watch”) may collect Personal Information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, we use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Sites, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Sites and the duration of your visit to the Sites. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
4. No collection of special data
We do not collect any special categories of personal data such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, genetic data, criminal convictions, etc.
5. Credit card information
Food & Water Watch does not disclose credit card information provided by donors or other members. When you choose to pay using your credit cards, Food & Water Watch submits the information needed to the appropriate clearinghouse through secure sites to conduct the transactions.
6. How we collect information
Personal Information That You Voluntarily Provide to Us
You can access some areas of the Site without submitting any personal Information to us. However, if you wish to access additional content or participate in some of our activities, we may ask that you provide personal Information, including for the following purposes: when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, for example, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, surveys and advocacy action alerts.
Information received from other sources
We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
Automatically collected data
As you interact with our Site, we may collect other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Cookies: we use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Sites. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Sites that help us recognize you when you come back to the Sites, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. Food and Water Watch uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Sites, the average time spent on the Sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Sites. We also use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Sites. Cookies further allow us to select which of our content is most likely to appeal to you and display it while you are on the Sites.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if the user declines the attachment of any cookie, the user may not have access to the full benefits of the website.
- Food & Water Watch also uses a variety of third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Sites and enhance the visitor experience. For example, the Sites use web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type in the Sites, and similar activity. The Sites do not use these services to collect any personally identifiable information not otherwise provided by you in using the Sites, and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Sites and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ – and https://www.aboutads.info/.
- We may use pixel tags and other similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Sites, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Sites and response rates.
- We may use Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”) and other similar technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Sites or our online content.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language and Internet browser type and version.
- We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Sites.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
- We may aggregate Personal Information. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How to manage automatically collected information
- Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored and refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from Food & Water Watch. Erase all Food and Water Watch cookies from your hard drive.
- Do not provide your information when prompted by the Sites.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Sites may be limited. Further, in the event you choose not to share information, Food & Water Watch will be unable to respond to your request for Food & Water Watch information, enter you in any promotions, facilitate your actions via Food & Water Watch alerts or potential e-cards.
7. How we disclose and share information
It is our policy not to share, disclose, or sell information to any third party for their promotional use or for marketing purposes not relevant to Food & Water Watch’s mission. We may disclose and share information we collect as follows:
- To allied organizations for collaborative projects in furtherance of our mission.
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
- To our approved vendors (including, as applicable, their service providers and data processors) to provide information that may be of interest to you.
- To certain nonprofit organizations whose mission purposes and activities align with ours and that may be of interest to you.
- To third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you choose to enter those contests or promotions.
- By you, through blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites.
- To your friends associated with your social media account, to other website users and to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your social media account to your Site account or log-into your Site account from your social media account. By connecting your Site account and your social media account, you authorize us to share information with your social media account provider, friends associated with your social media account, and other website users, and you understand that the use of the information we share will be governed by the recipients’ privacy policies). If you do not want your Personal Information shared with other users or with your social media account provider, please do not connect your social media account with your Site account, and do not participate in social sharing on the Sites.
- We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
At any time, you may ask to unsubscribe and opt-out by simply contacting our Data Privacy Manager at [email protected].
8. How to access, correct and modify information
If you have a Food & Water Watch account, you may access, correct, and modify your Personal Information by logging in your account and utilize the setting functions. In addition, you may contact us at [email protected] to do so. We may ask you to provide sufficient evidence of your identity for your own protection.
9. How to stop receiving communications from Food and Water Watch
If you would like to opt-out of receiving content from Food & Water Watch, you can:
- Take the opportunity to opt-out in “unsubscribe” links on the bottom of the marketing email Food & Water Watch sends to you.
- Contact our Data Privacy Manager [email protected]
- Call the membership hotline at 800-340-8083, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm EST
10. Children’s information
Food & Water Watch does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. The Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that Food & Water Watch learns that it has collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. If you believe that we might have collected any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us.
11. Security measures
Our Sites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under Food and Water Watch’s control. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) as part of the purchase process, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
When you submit information to Food & Water Watch through our Sites, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we take reasonable security measures to protect your information when we receive it, you also need to ensure you take appropriate steps to protect your information.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting [email protected].
12. Links to third party sites and social media platforms
13. International access, cross-border data transfers and data storage
Our principal place of business is in the United States. If you are visiting or accessing our Sites from outside the United States, your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and where we are based. You agree to such cross-border transfers of Personal Information. The Sites are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Any dispute arising out of, in connection with, or related to this policy shall be brought in the court located in Washington DC, and the parties hereby waive any objection they may have to personal jurisdiction in these courts.
Terms of Service
The following comprise our general Terms of Service for our websites and online properties. For Mobile Terms & Conditions please review the next section below this.
Table of Contents
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
foodandwaterwatch.org, foodandwatereurope.org, foodandwateractionfund.org, foodopoly.org, globalfrackdown.org, factoryfarmmap.org, peopleswaterforum.org, Tap Buddy, and other Food & Water Watch digital properties (collectively, “FWW Sites”), owned and operated by Food & Water Watch. (“FWW”), is provided to you (“User”) under the terms and conditions of this Food and Water Watch Terms of Service (“FWWTS”) and any operating rules or policies that may be published by FWW. The FWWTS comprises the entire agreement between User and FWW and supersedes all prior agreements between the Parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. BY COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FWWTS. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use FWW Sites. If a User does not accept FWWTS Terms, he or she is not granted rights to use FWW Sites as defined herein, and must refrain from accessing FWW Sites.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The FWW Sites are owned and operated by FWW for the purpose of providing educational fora and discussion tools for environmental and activist communities as well as facilitating the use of all FWW websites (the “Purpose”).
3. MODIFICATION TO TERMS OF SERVICE
FWW reserves the right, at FWW’s sole discretion, at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all FWW Sites or the FWWTS (or any part thereof). Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement to the website unless provided otherwise (e.g., when implementing major, substantive changes, FWW intends to provide Users with up to fourteen days of advance notice). Your continued use of the FWW Sites following the posting of changes to the FWW Sites or FWWTS means that you accept those changes. FWW reserves the right that FWW shall not be liable to any User or other third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance except as expressly provided herein.
4. CONTENT OWNERSHIP
All written content and imagery published by Food & Water Watch on FWW sites are property of Food & Water Watch and may not be reused or repurposed without written permission.
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or any other materials whatsoever (collectively, “Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that the User, and not FWW, is entirely responsible for all Content that he or she uploads, posts, emails or otherwise transmits via the FWW Sites. No User shall transmit Content or otherwise conduct or participate in any activities on FWW Sites that is likely to be prohibited by law in any applicable jurisdiction, including laws governing the encryption of software, the export of technology, the transmission of obscenity, or the permissible uses of intellectual property. FWW reserves the right to use any public information that is posted on personal blogs or discussion boards to promote FWW services.
5. CONTENT RESPONSIBILITY
User acknowledges and agrees that FWW neither endorses the Contents of any User communications nor assumes responsibility for any threatening, libelous, obscene, harassing or offensive material contained therein, any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom or any crime facilitated thereby.
FWW reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill the Purpose. In addition, FWW shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate the FWWTS or be otherwise illegal.
FWW does not control the Content posted to the FWW Sites and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Each User, by using FWW Sites, may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Each User must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
6. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
By using FWW Sites, you warrant to FWW that you will not use FWW Sites, or any of the content obtained from FWW Sites, for any purpose that is unlawful, intentionally or unintentionally, in accordance with any applicable local, state, national or international law or prohibited by these Terms. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the FWW Sites automatically terminates.
Should Content be found or reported to be in violation with, but not limited to, the following terms, it will be in FWW’s sole discretion as to what action should be taken. Prohibited unlawful actions include, but are not limited to:
(a) upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) harm minors in any way;
(c) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a FWW official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(d) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the FWW Sites;
(e) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(f) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights of any third party;
(g) upload, post, or transmit unsolicited commercial email or “spam.” This includes unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with “spam,” such as (a) sending mass email to recipients who haven’t requested email from you or with a fake return address,; (b) promoting a site with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or (c) promoting your site by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical;
(h) upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(i) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
(j) “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
(k) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, without limitation, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons or incendiary devices;
(l) offer for sale or sell any item, good or service that (a) violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, (b) you do not have full power and authority under all relevant laws and regulations to offer and sell, including all necessary licenses and authorizations, or (c) is inappropriate for sale through the FWW Sites;
(m) exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for; for example, accessing and using the tools that you do not have a right to use, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing other peoples comments or Content.
User acknowledges and agrees that FWW may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the FWWTS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of FWW, its Users and the public.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
FWW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, FWW MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE FWW Sites OR ANY SERVICE THEREON WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) ANY USER ACCESS WILL BE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY ANY USER WILL MEET HIS OR HER EXPECTATIONS, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. FWW DOES NOT GUARANTEE SECURE ACCESS TO FWW Sites. OPERATION OF FWW Sites MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTERFERENCE FROM NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL. FURTHER, SCHEDULED AND PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE AS WELL AS REQUIRED AND EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE WORK MAY TEMPORARILY INTERRUPT SERVICES OR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE. THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE OF ANY ASSET, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOUR, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER COURSE OF ACTION BY FWW.
EXCLUDING ONLY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF FWW’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, FWW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF FWW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY USER’S USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY FWW Sites OR SERVICES THEREON; THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES; UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE FWW Sites; OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE FWW Sites.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE DEEMED TO CREATE AN AGENCY, PARTNERSHIP, JOINT VENTURE, EMPLOYEE-EMPLOYER OR FRANCHISOR-FRANCHISEE RELATIONSHIP OF ANY KIND BETWEEN FWW AND ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, NOR DO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE EXTEND RIGHTS TO ANY THIRD PARTY.
USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT MEMBER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT MEMBER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO MEMBER’S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
FWW MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY MEMBER FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
AS NOTED ABOVE, FWW DOES NOT AND CANNOT CONTROL THE ACTIONS OF FWW SITE USERS, VISITORS OR LINKED THIRD PARTIES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPORT ANY MALFEASANCE THAT COMES TO OUR ATTENTION TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES.
Each User shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless FWW, and its affiliates and their respective officers, employees and agents, and each of FWW’s website partners, from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, and liabilities including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of that User’s acts or omissions, including claims arising out of that User’s use of the FWW Sites; his or her submission, posting or transmission of Content or his or her violation of the Terms.
9. INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
10. DATA USAGE POLICY
Learn about Food & Water Watch’s Data Usage Policy on our Data Usage Policy page.
11. REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
When requested, each FWW Site User must: (1) personally provide true, accurate, current and complete information on the FWW Site’s registration form (collectively, the “Registration Data”) and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data as necessary to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If, after investigation, FWW has reasonable grounds to suspect that any User’s information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, FWW may suspend or terminate that User’s account and prohibit any and all current or future use of the FWW Sites (or any portion thereof) by that User other than as expressly provided herein.
Each User will receive passwords and account designations upon completing certain FWW Site registration processes and is wholly responsible for maintaining the confidentiality thereof and wholly liable for all activities occurring thereunder. FWW cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a User’s failure to comply with this Section 11, including any loss or damage arising from any User’s failure to: (1) immediately notify FWW of any unauthorized use of his or her password or account or any other breach of security; and (2) ensure that he or she exits from his or her account at the end of each session.
All notices to a Party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. FWW may broadcast notices or messages through the Service to inform User of changes to the FWWTS, the Service, or other matters of importance; such broadcasts shall constitute notice to User.
13. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to sell, resell, or offer for any commercial purposes, any portion of the FWW Sites, use of the FWW Sites, or access to the FWW Sites.
14. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
FWW may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the FWW Sites. While FWW will use reasonable efforts to back up site data and make such data available in the event of loss or deletion, FWW has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by any FWW Site. FWW reserves the right to mark as “inactive” and archive accounts and/or Content that are inactive for an extended period of time. FWW reserves the right to change these general practices at any time, in its sole discretion, with notice to Users and the public as described in Section 3 above.
FWW may terminate a User’s account in FWW’s absolute discretion and for any reason. FWW is especially likely to terminate for reasons that include, but are not limited to, the following: (1) violation of these Terms; (2) abuse of site resources or attempt to gain unauthorized entry to the site or site resources; (3) use of an FWW Site in a manner inconsistent with the Purpose; (4) a User’s request for such termination; or (5) as required by law, regulation, court or governing agency order.
FWW’s termination of any User’s access to any or all FWW Sites may be affected without notice and, on such termination, FWW may immediately deactivate or delete User’s account and/or bar any further access to such files. FWW shall not be liable to any User or other third party for any termination of that User’s access or account hereunder. In addition, a User’s request for termination will result in deactivation but not necessarily deletion of the account. FWW reserves the right to delete, or not delete, a User’s account at FWW’s sole discretion, as well as to delete, or not delete, content at FWW’s sole discretion.
FWW, any FWW Site or a third party may provide links to other websites. FWW exercises no control whatsoever over such other websites and web-based resources and is not responsible or liable for the availability thereof or the Content, advertising, products or other materials thereon. FWW shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss incurred or suffered by any User in connection therewith. Your access and use of linked websites, including information, material, products and services therein, is solely at your own risk.
The FWW Sites’ Privacy Statement is applicable only when you are on a FWW Site. Once you choose to link to another website, you should read that website’s privacy statement before disclosing any personal information.
17. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
FWW, the FWW logo and other FWW trademarks including, but not limited to, “Food & Water Watch,” “Peoples Water Forum” service marks, and product and service names are FWW trademarks or registered trademarks in the United States and in other countries (the “FWW Marks”). All other names and designs may be trademarks of their respective owners.
FWW respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use the FWW Sites do the same. It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property misuse.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
(1) the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
(2) identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit FWW to locate the material, including the full URL.
(4) your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
(5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(6) a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If FWW receives such a claim, FWW reserves the right to refuse or delete Content as described under Section 5 hereto, or to terminate a User’s account in accordance with Section 15.
Our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) is:
Food & Water Watch
1616 P Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
After receiving a claim of infringement, FWW will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, FWW will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. FWW will take reasonable steps to expeditiously notify the User that it has removed or disabled access to such material.
Upon receipt of a proper counter notification under the DMCA, FWW will promptly provide the person who provided the initial notification of claimed infringement with a copy of the counter notification and inform that person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days. Additionally, FWW will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless FWW’s designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the initial notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the User from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the FWW system or network.
You may provide us with a counter notification by providing our copyright agent the following information in writing:
(1) your physical or electronic signature;
(2) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled, including the full URL;
(3) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, and your reasons for such belief;
(4) your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which FWW may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification of infringement.
Please report any violations of our FWWTS to our supporter services at [email protected].
20. State Nonprofit Disclosures
Certain states require written disclosures for nonprofit organizations soliciting contributions. Individual state disclosures are below.
Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA), OR VISITING www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH37601
Georgia: A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
Maryland: For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Food & Water Action Fund may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.
Nevada: Contributions may be tax deductible pursuant to the provisions of sec. 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 26 U.S.C. ¤170(c).
New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005, 1-212-416-8686 or www.charitiesnys.com.
North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-919-814-5400. The license is not an endorsement by the state.
Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Food & Water Action Fund may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483 or http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/
West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.
Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.
Mobile Terms & Conditions
- There is no fee from Food & Water Watch/Food & Water Action to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply- this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
- By subscribing to Food & Water Watch/Food & Water Action alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages from Food & Water Watch/Food & Water Action. Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply
- If you have any questions, text HELP to 23321 or contact us at (855)-340-8083 or [email protected]. To stop receiving messages, text STOP to 23321.