The Digital Strategist aligns all Food & Water Action digital platforms and properties with clear, consistent, well-articulated strategies and ensures that all FWA digital platforms and properties engage, attract and retain members to support the organizational mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop cross-organizational, multi-platform digital strategies and products for advocacy campaigns, fundraising campaigns, organizational growth initiatives, and other organizational projects as needed.
- Understand, create, and test best practices and innovations for social media, email, SMS, web, and online-to-offline mobilization.
- Participate in digital strategy thought leadership and serve as an organizational subject matter expert and advisor.
- Write and produce engaging digital content that fosters long-term relationships with our supporters and the broader progressive community and motivates them to take action, donate, and volunteer.
- Collaborate with the managers of digital platforms to implement digital strategies and produce compelling content.
- Test new practices. Use research, insights and A/B testing to optimize campaigns across digital platforms.
- Work with all FWA team members who engage members and the general public and others to track, benchmark, and optimize digital performance.
- Manage one Digital team staff member.
- Carry out other projects, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with FWA communications, policy, research and organizing staff; a moderate degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with government officials, community leaders, etc.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A. degree in Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or related fields, etc. Equivalent work experience or recognized industry certifications may be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital campaigning/strategy, organizing, fundraising and/or marketing
- Experience in email writing and list building, database management and segmentation, and online fundraising.
- Strong track record of strategy development and digital content planning and creation.
- Deep understanding of engaging, creative and personal writing for digital advocacy and fundraising.
- Proven email writing, coaching and editing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Expertise in online platforms, tools, and CRMS such as: ThruText, Mobile Commons, Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and SpringBoard.
- Excellent judgement regarding strategic and timely communications reaching supporters.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated success working on cross-functional teams in a campaigning environment and/or leading large projects.
- Ability to inspire and advise peers and senior colleagues on multiple teams, set and review goals, assess risks and outcomes, and analyze data.
- Strong track record in email fundraising.
- Strong track record in SMS engagement.
- Strong track record in list health and management needs like segmentation, improving deliverability, welcoming new supporters, and engaging lapsed supporters.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once.
- Ability to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to regularly and predictably attend to work duties.
Compensation: Competitive salary, dependent on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid medical/dental/vision/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.