Renew America’s Water
The safety and accessibility of our public water is under attack again. Water main breaks, sewer overflows and water contamination demonstrate that our water systems are already underfunded to the tune of at least $22 billion a year. Read more in our fact sheet and press release.
Now, Washington is looking to cut federal support for clean and safe water even further.
Food & Water Watch’s campaign to Renew America’s Water calls on Congress to establish a dedicated source of funding for water and wastewater infrastructure.
The Renew America’s Water Fund would direct over $30 billion to protect America’s water through:
- repairing pipes
- improving water treatment
- fixing water infrastructure in schools
- building green infrastructure
- creating jobs
To learn more about the campaign, read our fact sheet.
Take Action to Renew America’s Water
- Sign the petition to protect your access to safe affordable drinking water.
- Host a movie screening and help spread awareness with one of several recent films about water.
How Does Your State’s Water Rate?
- Find out about the quality of the water you drink and learn more about why your drinking and sanitation services need a a dedicated source of funding.
How bad can it get? See what happened to Pierce, Colorado.