The Bad 3: Colorado Ballot Measures Threaten Our Right to Clean Water and a Sustainable, Just Food System
Why You Should Vote No on Amendments 60 & 61, and Proposition 101
The Bad 3 – Amendments 60 & 61 and Proposition 101 – would severely reduce Colorado’s ability to provide a host of essential public services.
Food Impacts: These ballot measures will likely undo our work to create a more sustainable, just food system by:
- Eliminating state programs that bring food from local farmers to school children;
- Pulling local support for the construction of urban gardens; and
- Eliminating state technical assistance and other programs for independent ranchers and farmers.
Water Impacts: These ballot measures threaten our right to safe, clean water by:
- Cutting funds for local water utilities so severely that they are at great risk to be sold to private corporations, and opening the door for water bottlers to mine more of our state’s water.
- Ending programs that ensure our water is clean and fix our aging infrastructure; and
- Eliminating state and local water programs.
We’ve come too far in creating a healthy, sustainable and just food system in Colorado to allow these ballot issues to pass.
Colorado’s water is too important to allow these ballot issues to pass.
Vote No on Amendments 60 & 61, and Proposition 101.