The problems we face are severe, from fracking to the corporate control of our food – but they are also complex. The full scope of these problems isn’t always obvious, and the corporations that control our food and water are quick to spin the story to their favor. Sometimes, they outright lie for the sake of increasing their hold on our resources
That’s why we need the facts behind us as we organize for change. We do meticulous research to back up our positions, and we work with activists to bring these facts to the public and elected officials to educate them as they face critical decisions about our food and water. Our research shows why we need powerful laws protecting people’s access to healthy food and clean drinking water, as well as the need for strong stances on the most damaging practices, like the need to ban fracking.
Our groundbreaking research includes:
- The Urgent Case to Ban Fracking, an updated version of our ground breaking report that was the first to lay out the full, detailed case on the dangers of fracking, and why it must be banned, as well as a comprehensive study of the social costs of fracking.
- Bad Credit, which outlines how pollution trading won’t solve our climate and water crises, and in the case of water pollution trading, actually undermines proven regulations.
- Factory Farm Nation, an in-depth look at the spread of factory farming in the U.S. and the problems associated with factory farming, as shown in our Factory Farm Map.
- A comprehensive look at how the U.S. State Department has promoted GMOs abroad, and how, despite the claims of the biotech industry, we are far from a scientific consensus and should be wary of the many risks associated with GMOs.
- A comprehensive analysis of how the recession left municipalities considering risky water privatizations to address budget shortfalls.
At a time when powerful corporate interests have more and more influence over our elected officials, we bring together the voices of thousands of concerned people with the facts to push decision-makers to do the right thing.