We are currently seeking a Philadelphia intern interested in fighting for a just transition to renewable energy through organizing on local campaigns, specifically our campaign to halt the Mariner East pipeline project now. This is a paid position at an hourly rate of $15/hr. The position is 40 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Coordinate and participate in 1 on 1 outreach work such as phone banking and canvassing
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Build strong relationships with activists and key allies
- Bottomline planning and organizing events
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
Click here to apply. We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.