- California - Oakland
We are seeking a Senior Organizer based in our Oakland, California office to bottom line our work in the Bay Area and Northern California. Under the direction of the California Director, the organizer will plan and implement campaigns, oversee and recruit volunteers, and assist with fundraising.
- Develop and implement long and short-term campaign and organizing goals, strategies and tactics.
- Work with Communications and Policy Staff to develop and implement media strategies including print, radio, TV, and social media. Draft opinion pieces, letters to the editor, and blog posts.
- Speak at public events, forums, and other venues, and serve as a representative of Food & Water Watch to the public and the media.
- Develop online action alerts to engage our activists on key issues in the region.
- Recruit, supervise, and develop volunteers and interns.
- Increase Food & Water Watch’s impact by expanding our membership base.
- Work and assist Development staff on maintaining donor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree or equivalent education and experience.
Experience and accomplishments:
- At least 3 years of successful advocacy or grassroots organizing experience.
- Documented success in planning and implementing short- and long-term campaigns and organizational goals.
- Clear demonstration of ability to develop effective organizing strategies and guiding others to develop effective organizing strategies.
- Familiarity with California politics and northern California communities.
- Development experience a plus
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Compensation: $52,000 - $72,000. Competitive salary, dependent on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid medical/dental/vision/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
Click here to apply. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities to apply. Submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references.