- New Mexico
We are seeking a Senior Organizer based in Santa Fe or Albuquerque to expand our work in New Mexico on state and federal issues related to factory farms and climate change (and others as they arise). Under the direction of the Regional Director, the organizer will plan and implement campaigns, recruit and oversee volunteers, and assist with fundraising.
This is a very exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge issues with talented colleagues in New Mexico, Washington D.C. and across the country.
- Develop and implement long and short-term campaign and organizing goals, strategies and tactics.
- Work with Communications and Policy Staff to develop and implement media strategies including print, radio, TV, and social media. Draft opinion pieces, letters to the editor, and blog posts.
- Work in coalition with allied organizations on specific issues
- Speak at public events, forums, and other venues, and serve as a representative of Food & Water Watch to the public and the media.
- Develop online action alerts to engage our activists on key issues in the region.
- Recruit, supervise, and develop volunteers and interns.
- Increase Food & Water Watch’s impact by expanding our membership base.
- Work and assist Development staff in maintaining donor relationships.
- May manage other full-time or temporary staff or interns
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree or equivalent education and experience.
Experience and accomplishments:
- At least 3 years of successful advocacy or grassroots organizing experience.
- Documented success in planning and implementing short- and long-term campaigns and organizational goals.
- Clear demonstration of ability to develop effective organizing strategies and guiding others to develop effective organizing strategies.
- Experience leading multiple successful organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with New Mexico politics and communities.
- Development experience a plus
- Experience and/or willingness to work remotely
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with Zoom, Salesforce, Microsoft, Google Docs, Social Media, and ability to quickly learn new apps
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States and have reliable transportation (i.e. car)
Compensation: $42,100-$66,100, dependent on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid medical/dental/vision/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
Click here to apply. We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.