- New Jersey
We are currently seeking a New Jersey Election Organizer interested in fighting for safe food, clean water, and healthy oceans. This position will mostly involve going door-to-door in neighborhoods in Middlesex County, New Jersey, discussing our clean energy campaign - the ability to physically canvass communities for up to 4 hours at a time is required for this position.
This is a paid temporary position running from September to November 5, ranging from 29 - 40 hours a week.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Building strategic coalitions with religious groups, labor groups, elected officials, citizen activists, businesses and students.
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events.
- Assisting in media outreach to educate millions of people.
- Producing printed and online materials such as action alerts, newsletters, and activist guides.
- Researching emerging issues to move campaigns forward and power mapping key decision makers.
- Bottom-lining at least one element of the campaign.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.