- Florida - St. Petersburg
We are seeking an Organizing Intern to support our campaigns to protect our food, water and climate. The new Organizing Intern will be responsible for:
- Leading community outreach on fossil fuel and climate issues in Miami-Dade through petitioning, tabling, and group presentations.
- Work with the Florida Team to organize volunteer meetings and events.
- Recruit and train volunteers on organizing skills like petitioning and tabling.
- Coordinate with other environmental and social justice in Miami-Dade to build community engagement and support for climate action.
- This position will be based out of Miami-Dade.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new volunteers at community meetings, colleges, and other events.
- Outreach to strategic coalition partners including religious groups, labor groups, elected officials, citizen activists, businesses and students.
- Help organize campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Assisting in media outreach including writing letters to the editor.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Travel throughout Miami-Dade to implement these responsibilities.
- Education: High school diploma/GED
- Experience: No previous experience required
- Knowledge: Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Skills: Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills. Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
- Capabilities: Ability to talk to people about the issues we work on.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Spanish and Creole speaking abilities are a plus.
Please include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references in one document. Click here to apply. We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.