- Washington D.C.
The Membership Manager will work closely with our organizing staff to help them meet their fundraising goals. They will also assist with planning, implementing and coordinating the recruitment, retention, and management of low to mid-level donors and collaborate with the Membership Team to continue to improve our members’ experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee organizer fundraising:
- Regularly connect with regional organizers to strategize with them on achieving their fundraising goals
- Work with organizers to plan events, including developing an agenda, list of speakers, venue, date, and invitees
- Attend some organizer-led events
- Organize a debriefing after an organizer event has occurred
- Help write materials and trainings on fundraising work tailored to organizers
- Collaborate with Salesforce staff on reporting and data tracking for organizer fundraising
- Work with Development Team to build a culture of philanthropy
- Membership/Monthly Giving:
- Plan and execute Food & Water Watch’s annual donor thankathon
- Collaborate with rest of Membership Team to build systems in Salesforce for multi-channel journeys of members
- Manage and develop peer-to-peer fundraising and volunteer program
- Aid in tracking, analyzing and reporting back on Membership program metrics and supporter feedback
- Organize quarterly thank you text to low-dollar donors
- Assist membership team with responding to monthly donor requests, including updating credit card numbers, canceling gifts, etc.
- Work with Membership Team to help grow monthly giving program by improving cultivation, retention, and renewal efforts
- Carry out other projects, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with the organizing staff; a moderate degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with Food & Water Watch supporters.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree, at least three years of nonprofit fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with Salesforce or a similar database preferred.
- Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Compensation: Annualized at $55,500.00 - $77,700.00, dependent upon experience.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.