- California - Los Angeles
We are seeking an Organizing Intern to support our campaigns to protect our food, water and climate. The new Organizing Intern will be responsible for:
- Leading the student and youth recruitment and leadership development program for the 100% renewable energy by 2030 campaign for Los Angeles
- Training volunteers and building leadership within colleges, universities, and high schools
- Coordinating petition drives and tactics to empower students and the youth for a 100% renewable energy future by 2030 for Los Angeles.
- Coordinate with student organizations and faculty to build community engagement and support for the campaign.
- Coordinate events on campuses to educate and engage students and youth for the campaign.
- This position will be based out of Los Angeles.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events.
- Doing outreach to strategic coalition partners including religious groups, labor groups, elected officials, citizen activists, businesses and students.
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Assisting in media outreach to educate millions of people.
- Researching emerging issues to move campaigns forward and power mapping key decision makers.
- Bottom-lining at least one element of the campaign.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Travel throughout Los Angeles to implement these responsibilities.
- Education: High school diploma/GED
- Experience: No previous experience required
- Knowledge: Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
- Ability to talk to people about the issues we work on.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Please include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references in one document.We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Please click HERE to apply.