- California - Los Angeles
The Foundation Coordinator supports the organization’s fundraising efforts by working as part of a team to oversee Food & Water Watch’s portfolio of foundation funders and prospects. The Foundation Coordinator plays a key role on the development team and will be responsible for expanding the program that brings in two million annually from private and community foundations across the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Foundation Relations to oversee all aspects of the grant cycle, from pre- to post-award
- Use research databases to identify foundation prospects for varying campaign needs
- Collaborate with program staff across the country to submit LOIs, proposals and reports
- Provide the finance department with necessary documents to produce accurate financial reports for funders
- Write and send grant acknowledgement letters to funders
- Manage quarterly mailings to current funders and prospects
- Track grants in our database (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack) and keep all foundation records up to date
- Assist the Salesforce Operation staff with database issues as they relate to the Foundation program
- Coordinate logistics for funder meetings
- Attend meetings with foundation staff in person or by phone to report on current operations and to lead funding requests
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding development interns
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years’ experience securing gifts from individual or institutional funders
- Grant writing and grant application preparation experience preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce, or similar database
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, especially with remote staff in offices across the country
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail
- Good computer skills are required, including familiarity with database and spreadsheet programs
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the mission of Food & Water Watch
- Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Compensation: Annualized salary of $50000.00 - $69000.00, dependent upon experience.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, writing sample, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.