- Washington D.C.
The Foundation Associate supports the organization’s fundraising efforts by working as part of a team to oversee Food & Water Watch’s portfolio of foundation funders and prospects.
The associate plays a key role on the development team and will be responsible for expanding the program that brings in $1.5 million annually from private and community foundations across the country.
Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Work with the Director of Foundation Relations to oversee all aspects of the grant cycle, from pre- to post-award.
- Keep all foundation records in Salesforce up to date.
- Write and send grant acknowledgement letters to funders.
- Work with the Prospect Researcher to identify new funders.
- Assist the Salesforce Operation staff with database issues as they relate to the Development staff’s needs.
- Collaborate with program staff across the country to submit LOIs, proposals and reports.
- Oversee foundation source code logic in Salesforce.
- Manage quarterly mailings to current funders and prospects.
- Coordinate logistics for funder meetings.
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding development interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Previous development/foundation experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce, or similar database.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail.
- Good computer skills are required, including familiarity with database and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary – dependent on experience.
- 100% employer-paid health care, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
- Up to three weeks paid vacation to start and three personal days.
- Food & Water Watch offices are closed for all federal holidays and an extra week at the end of December.
- Paid sick days.
- Family and medical leave.
- 403(b) retirement plan with annual employer contribution after the first year on staff.
- Professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and persons with disabilities to apply. Click here to submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references.