The Food & Water Policy Intern assists the Food & Water Policy team with providing information, analysis and written materials to support Food & Water Watch campaigns on water issues.
This position is in the Baltimore, MD office. The internship is a full-time, temporary position that will last from June to August and will pay $15/hour. Start and end dates are flexible.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with data collection, synthesis, and analysis
- Provide support to advance campaigns against water privatization and in support of water affordability
- File public information requests to local, state and federal government offices
- Research both corporations and government (federal, state, and local) to help our team craft reports, briefing papers, and articles for the general public, media, elected officials and government agencies
- Write short articles on water issues for our website
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with reviewing publications
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in academic and corporate research is a plus, as is a background in any of the following: policy, water access issues, economics, political science, journalism, environmental science, public health, geospatial analysis.
How to apply-