- Experience: At least six-month experience in grassroots/field organizing and/or advocacy on public policy issues.
- Spanish speaking ability preferred
- Knowledge: Grassroots organizing, advocacy and legislative strategy techniques; familiarity with federal and state legislatures and legislative process; consumer and environmental issues; working with the media. Some familiarity with Florida’s regions preferred.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal and planning; excellent organizational skills. Knowledge of online activism and email listservs.
- Capabilities: Ability to think creatively and quickly to respond to legislative developments and to take advantage of breaking news; demonstrated leadership capability; ability to work well with a wide variety of people and to coordinate diverse tasks; ability to present technical concepts to a mass audience; can-do attitude and commitment to public interest work. Work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis. High level of independent judgment.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references in one document to [email protected], noting “Florida Organizing Associate” in the subject line. You can complete the required application by clicking Apply Here Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.