- Washington D.C.
Under the direction of the Development Director, the Direct Response Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the planning and execution of our robust direct mail program. Food & Water Watch’s direct mail program is growing and has had fantastic results over the past 3 years. The position is accountable for meeting or exceeding specific financial goals as they relate to acquisition, member renewals, and special appeals.
The Direct Response Coordinator will be part of a dynamic development team, and will work closely with major gifts, monthly giving, telemarketing and door to door canvass. The Direct Response Coordinator reports to the Director of Development.
The Direct Response Coordinator will also work directly with our Outreach and web teams to help integrate fundraising efforts across multiple channels including web, email, and social media. The position works in close collaboration with these teams plus the Finance team and a full-service external direct response agency to achieve the revenue goals.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact between FWW and our direct response agency for direct mail strategic planning, testing management, audience selection, creative trafficking, and campaign/donor analytics.
- Manage the direct mail production calendar and ensure that all production steps and deliverables are achieved and delivered on schedule. Work with FWW program staff to help develop compelling solicitation messages in alignment with Food & Water Watch's identity and ensure a high level of quality and accuracy in all direct response creative and supporting collateral.
- Work in close collaboration with FWW's online fundraising team in order to set and achieve jointly-held goals for: new donor acquisition; mid-level donor solicitation and stewardship; monthly donor recruitment and upgrading; and donor retention.
- Support the Major Gift team in developing and producing Leaders Circle materials and planned giving stewardship and marketing mailings.
- Work closely with the Director of Development and field canvass staff to ensure that donors acquired via canvass operations are stewarded and retained. Assist in annual revenue and expense planning, cost management, and campaign projections.
- Work with Donor Database Manager to track all campaign interactions, donation transactions, and tracking of non-financial donor actions.
- Committed to Food & Water Watch's programs, mission and goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and 2+ years of full-time work experience in an agency or nonprofit. The ideal candidate will have at least some experience in executing direct mail initiatives and have prior experience working with external consultants.
- Strong familiarity with the practices and techniques of direct response marketing & fundraising.
- Familiarity in Blackbaud eCRM, the Raiser's Edge, and Sales Force or similar fundraising software strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-reader's eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes & schedules.
- Ability to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office with significant knowledge of Excel and Access.
- Occasional travel to conferences and meetings.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary – dependent on experience.
- 100% employer-paid health care, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
- Up to three weeks paid vacation to start and three personal days.
- Food & Water Watch offices are closed for all federal holidays and an extra week at the end of December.
- Paid sick days.
- Family and medical leave.
- 403(b) retirement plan with annual employer contribution after the first year on staff.
- Professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and persons with disabilities to apply. Click here to submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references.