- Washington D.C.
The Digital Fundraising Specialist is a key member of the fundraising staff, and a critical bridge between FWA’s fundraising and communications teams. The Digital Fundraising Specialist will be part of our direct response fundraising team (along with the Direct Response Manager who manages our direct mail program and our direct response agency partner), and will work collaboratively to integrate our fundraising across off and online channels to achieve fundraising and marketing growth goals. The primary responsibilities will be to develop and implement email fundraising campaigns and related analysis and reporting; work with Development team members to facilitate their use of the digital channels to support and grow our membership, monthly giving, mid-level and major donor giving programs; and to work closely with our communications team to ensure that sms, web, and email channels are integrated and focused on growing the organization and retaining/upgrading our members. This is a goal driven position that will be responsible for how we use our digital channels to meet and exceed fundraising goals. This position is preferably based in Washington, DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee execution of email fundraising activities, which include emails to support FWA campaigns, emails to build and retain membership, and other email fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee all aspects of email fundraising and work with the digital team to create and implement testing plans to improve email performance and increase revenue; stage, test, and optimize email and donation pages using FWA platforms; Identify and pursue opportunities to optimize FWA’s email database and acquire new subscribers for the middle donor and sustainer programs; Monitor and report back on the email program’s key performance indicators (revenue, expense, and specific email metrics) to improve the program year-over-year; and work collaboratively with the digital team to identify and analyze email engagement trends.
- Work as part of a direct response team to facilitate integration between our offline and online efforts in order to maximize funding while minimizing costs.
- Coordinate with communications teams to identify story arcs for multi-channel communications and in working across all teams, support the development of digital marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with the Development and the digital team to determine online strategic direction for fundraising for member, mid-level donors and sustainer program.
- Work with and support other Development fundraising teams (monthly giving, mid-level and major donors) in using the email tools for outreach, cultivation and engagement of donors in these programs, including the technical aspects of loading and segmenting lists, and sending of the middle donor and sustainer programs.
- Develop other fundraising materials as needed using FWA’s platforms, such as Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, or other digital Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Write compelling, hard-hitting email content in FWA’s voice and style to encourage people to support our work.
- Manage certain donor focused automated email series, including but not limited to series to re-engage or renew member activity, upgrade monthly givers, and to capture lapsed sustainers.
- Carry out other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with Development and Communications staff; a moderate degree of contact with other staff and certain outside vendors; and a low degree of contact directly with the general public.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: B.A. degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or related fields, etc. Equivalent work experience or recognized industry certifications may be considered. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of online fundraising, direct marketing and email delivery best practices, as well as a basic understanding of marketing acquisition, retention and upgrade campaigns.
- Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products. The successful candidate will be an experienced user of CRM platforms (experience with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud preferred).
Compensation: Annualized at $55,500.00 - $77,700, dependent upon experience.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.