- Washington D.C.
The Digital Design Lead helps achieve organizational and national campaign-specific goals by implementing creative digital designs that support the FWA’s organizational goals. This position will work closely with FWA’s digital engagement team and others to plan and implement digital products that advance FWA’s national campaigns and elevate the identity of the organization.
This position develops and executes concepts for public-facing digital materials across all of FWA’s digital platforms (including social media, web, email, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with Digital team members and other internal stakeholders to conceptualize, design, execute, and deliver brand-relevant designs and members’ experiences that reflect FWA mission and standards.
- Create rapid response and branded graphics for a range of FWA campaigns and legislative priorities including infographics, HTML email graphics, social media graphics, website graphics, animation graphics, digital and print ads, PowerPoint presentations, signage, shirts typography, and other assets as needed.
- Work alongside the Web Developer to design, build and maintain websites in line with the latest web standards to support and maximize effectiveness website goals.
- Provide design support for all FWA web properties.
- Ensure technical compliance with FWA brand standards and guidelines across all design work.
- Provide collaboration and guidance to FWA departments on an as-need basis to resolve design questions and support compliance with the FWA brand standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with other design team members to manage FWA’s visual brand identity.
- Provide design support in other areas (including print and multimedia design), as needed.
- Carry out other projects, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with FWA communications, policy, research and organizing staff; a moderate degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with government officials, community leaders, etc.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree: Visual Arts or Graphic Design preferred; Equivalent work experience or recognized industry certifications may be considered.
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive design experience in a similar role
- Significant professional experience and advanced proficiency in: CSS, Dreamweaver, HTML5, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of Software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Strong familiarity with digital communications and information architecture
- Ability to follow design templates and a visual identity guide
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to think creatively and have an eye for innovative graphic opportunities
- Keen understanding of how to leverage digital graphics to clearly define and articulate the FWA brand in a compelling way, spanning a varying applications and audiences
- A proven eye for good photography, design and brand consistency
- You’re a proactive team player who has a collaborative approach to creative development in a demanding, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Design portfolio required: PDF portfolio upload or URL to online portfolio must be provided to be considered for this position
- Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular Google Drive and have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Compensation: Annualized at $55,000-$77,000, dependent upon experience.
Please click here to apply and include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.