- Washington D.C.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the design and development of business intelligence and reporting solutions for complex analysis in order to optimize engagement with the organization’s supporters and members. The Data Analyst is an effective communicator that distills complex technical data to internal stakeholders in a way that is concise, clear and accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and implement how data is used to accomplish our program goals with our database of record and integrated systems
- Lead data driven analysis of donors and activists to help create more effective engagement strategies
- Understand the data needs of different teams within the organization and interpret those needs to help inform data management practices
- Coordinate with our teams and consultants to plan, implement, and maintain our multi-channel segmentation
- Create and share supporter queries and reports for online and offline communication purposes in conjunction with the teams that use our systems
- Develop and analyze fundraising and advocacy reports to identify trends and improve programs and integration across online and offline channels
- Work with organizing, fundraising, and other departments on creative campaign development and execution, including tracking, testing and optimizing the engagement of new campaign activists through the use of supporter and member data
- Work with staff and consultants to improve the efficiency of the ETL and/or integration processes to/from business side applications and the data warehouse
- Work with staff to monitor and improve the quality of our data hygiene
- Carry out other projects, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with the communications, development and organizing teams; and a moderate degree of contact with other staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree or combination of relevant education and experience. 2 or more years of experience in database management or online CRM administration. 2 or more years experience with SQL, T-SQL and/or SOQL. Experience with additional database technologies (SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery, Postgres,MySQL, etc). Experience with desktop and/or cloud based bi tools (eg. Tableau). Experience with ETL tools and processes. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects. Experience supporting the needs of nonprofit fundraising, advocacy and organizing a plus.
Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software.
Compensation: Annualized at $61,700-$87,600, dependent upon experience.
Please click here to apply and include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.