Responsibilities may include:
- Building strategic coalitions with labor groups, elected official, faith-based organizations, citizen activists, businesses, and students.
- Reaching out to candidates running for elections in the City of Chicago.
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events.
- Assisting in media outreach to educate millions of people.
- Producing printed and online materials such as action alerts, newsletters, and activist guides.
- Researching emerging issues to move campaigns forward and power mapping key decision makers.
- Bottom-lining at least one element of the campaign.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to Jenya Polozova at [email protected].
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.