- New Jersey
We are seeking a Campaign Coordinator and Data Specialist to support our campaigns to protect our food, water and climate.
This position is based out of our New Brunswick, NJ office.
The Campaign Coordinator and Data Specialist will assist our NJ organizing team in the implementation of strategic campaigns to protect our food, water and climate. This person will be responsible for conducting targeted community outreach via in person, telephone and digital communications, as well as administrative and office management work. They will also be responsible for the entry, clean up, and uploading of data, received by the IT department, into Food & Water Watch’s systems. This person will learn how to use Salesforce and other Food & Water Watch systems and services, that will allow them to complete their job duties. Those duties include turning paper petitions, forms, documents, etc. into electronic files, doing data hygiene of the electronic data, making reports/dashboards and following Food & Water Watch processes related to how to handle and store the data. The Campaign Coordinator and Data Specialist will report to the Senior New Jersey Organizer and the Data Manager.
The Campaign Coordinator and Data Specialist will help promote a positive work environment by maintaining respectful interactions with FWW employees and volunteers. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
Campaign Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events.
• Doing outreach to strategic coalition partners including religious groups, labor groups, elected officials, citizen activists, businesses and students.
• Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
• Conducting door to door and other community outreach..
• Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
• Light office management work including supplies management and maintaining a clean and organized work environment
• Other duties as assigned.
Data Specialist Responsibilities:
• Transcribe hand written information into established electronic file formats
• Convert digital images with applicable text into established electronic file formats
• Follow established Food & Water Watch data hygiene rules and policies
• Upload/store data in set systems and services as indicated by IT management and / or processes
• Handle data as required by Food & Water Watch policy and all applicable rules, laws, and regulations
• Become proficient at various established upload tools, MS Office Word and Excel, and other systems and tools that are needed to complete job
• Respect the confidentiality of Food & Water Watch's data in all mediums.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma/GED
• Experience: No previous experience required
• Knowledge: Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
Capabilities: Ability to talk to people about the issues we work on.
Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Please include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references in one document. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.