The Eastern Pennsylvania Organizer will report to the Pennsylvania State Director and will work with other national organizing staff, regional field staff, and policy/research staff to support FWW’s work targeting fossil fuel infrastructure and fracking projects in Pennsylvania. This is a Union bargaining unit position.
Office Location: This position is approved for remote work, with a preference for Eastern Pennsylvania-based candidates.
Compensation: $40,000 annual salary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advance Outreach Strategy:
- Help development campaign strategy for developing a statewide coalition to defeat fossil fuel expansion and infrastructure projects in Pennsylvania
- Develop and carry out tactics that will move forward this strategy, and bottomline the rollout of these tactics
- Build Grassroots Volunteer Infrastructure:
- Recruit and support volunteers in effective actions
- Maintain campaign data
- Develop volunteer roles that will advance our campaign strategy, and build volunteers’ investment in our campaign by plugging them into these roles
- Represent Food & Water Watch:
- Represent Food & Water Watch at public events and with local media
- Participate in membership recruitment and fundraising for Food & Water Watch
- Build Coalition:
- Maintain close relationships with and engage coalition allies
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with volunteers and allied organizations; and a moderate degree of contact with other staff. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education and experience.
- One year of full-time experience organizing.
- Clear demonstration of ability to develop effective organizing strategies.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, climate and environmental justice.
- Computer Skills:
- An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch (FWW) strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Food & Water Watch (FWW) is committed to the health and safety of its staff members. Moreover, FWW, as an organization, promotes science-based policy. Science clearly shows that unvaccinated populations drive the spread of the coronavirus and the emergence of new variants, and that unvaccinated people are more likely to contract COVID and experience severe symptoms. Effective immediately, prospective new staff members are required to provide proof of vaccination or request a waiver as a condition of their offer of employment.