Reporting to the Director of Individual Philanthropy, the Manager of Political Giving will be a key member of Food & Water Watch’s (FWW) and Food & Water Action’s (FWA) Philanthropy team. This role will primarily focus on raising leadership and major gifts from individual donors in support of FWA and FWA’s aligned political action committee (PAC), while also providing input on digital and direct mail fundraising efforts. As the 2022 cycle progresses, this role’s expectations and goals have the capacity and likelihood to change depending on the organization’s political fundraising needs. The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $80,000.
This is a temporary position ending November 30, 2022.
Office Location: This position is approved for remote work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts ranging from $1,000 – $250,000 in support of FWA and FWA PAC.
- Develop strategies and tactics for upgrading current FWA donors and members.
- Work with Individual Philanthropy team to develop materials, strategies, and tactics to discuss FWA/FWA PAC fundraising opportunities with donors in portfolio.
- Analyze political giving and other relevant information of FWW/FWA membership.
- Develop strategies for reaching new audiences that would support FWA/FWA PAC.
- Assist Special Events Manager in planning and executing online or in-person events related to FWA/FWA PAC.
- Work with digital team to create fundraising emails and digital ads for FWA/FWA PAC.
- Work with finance team and general counsel to ensure compliance with federal election laws.
- Work with finance and political teams to ensure they have necessary data to provide quarterly FEC reports.
- Liaison with the Leadership Team to develop fundraising strategies and plans for significant organizational decisions and programs (this work will regularly pertain to sensitive and confidential organizational issues related to program strategy, staffing, budgeting, fundraising, donor communication, and organizational/leadership strategies). Provide confidential advice and guidance to the Executive Director, Managing Directors and Leadership Team related to political strategy.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with donors and prospects; a high degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with non-development related activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years experience in political fundraising
- 3+ years experience in direct gift solicitation, with a track record of securing $5,000+ gifts
- When travel is safe, the ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM software
- General knowledge of federal election laws
- Strong research skills
- Strong skills with Google Apps including Docs, Sheets, and Drive
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch (FWW) strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Food & Water Watch (FWW) is committed to the health and safety of its staff members. Moreover, FWW, as an organization, promotes science-based policy. Science clearly shows that unvaccinated populations drive the spread of the coronavirus and the emergence of new variants, and that unvaccinated people are more likely to contract COVID and experience severe symptoms. Effective immediately, prospective new staff members are required to provide proof of vaccination or request a waiver as a condition of their offer of employment.