Contact Email: [email protected]
Post Date: 08.06.21
Job Type: Full-time
Office Location: Remote
Department: Tools & Data
The Salesforce System Administrator administers and maintains the Salesforce Platform, Marketing Cloud, Springboard, and other Salesforce integrated applications for Food & Water Watch and Food & Water Action. The Salesforce System Administrator analyzes, installs, and when necessary, designs and develops unique, internal customer-based solutions/applications to extend the value of the Salesforce platform for FWW/FWA.
The Salesforce System Administrator also supports and maintains Salesforce platform-specific applications as well as integrations with third-party applications/systems. This position provides technical development and support to the Salesforce.com environment ensuring it aligns with and meets FWW/FWA’s business requirements as well as IT standards and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary System Administrator for the Salesforce platform and environment with 100+ users.
- Supervise and manage staff charged with managing, integrating and optimizing FWW/FWA data by overseeing all work and content produced by the team.
- Responsible for maintaining the functional areas of data management, accounts, contacts, leads, campaigns, donations, dashboards and reports etc. for the Salesforce. platform.
- Responsible for monitoring and assist in maintaining licenses for the Salesforce Platform, Marketing Cloud, Springboard, and other integrated third-party applications.
- Manage or monitor ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data management processes moving data to and from internal and external sources.
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts and templates, etc.
- Perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to the Salesforce platform software and system administration.
- Maintain and implement all back-up processes of Salesforce Platform data.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain custom and third-party applications within the Force.com platform and AppExchange.
- Main liaison with Salesforce and associated third party vendors and consultants (Jackson River, Kell Partners, TMC, etc.) and associated third party application vendors (TaskRay, ELTON, Apsona, FormAssembly, etc.).
- Gather and document business and technical requirements.
- Maintain and develop current and new documentation according to system setups, business policies, processes, and procedures.
- Write technical approach and design documentation.
- Work closely with internal departments and external business partners to maintain and enhance the Salesforce platform’s capabilities.
- Participate in project management of maintenance and development projects.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic organizational issues involving Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and integrated applications.
- Train staff and colleagues in above listed responsibility areas to build capacity across the organization, e.g., one-on-one coaching, written, recorded and live trainings.
- Maintain and expand expertise in the Marketing Cloud, Springboard, Salesforce apps, and other related toolsets.
- Monitor new features and recommend ways to take full advantage of the system
- Implement user experiences that surface data to users in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain and govern users, profiles, permissions, and security.
- Understand the data needs of different teams within the organization and interpret those needs into data management practices
- Create and share supporter queries and reports for online and offline communication purposes in conjunction with the teams that use our systems.
- Create business rules and workflows for regular organizational database processes related to advocacy and fundraising efforts and optimize current systems then to work with relevant staff to test and implement.
- Create new protocols, workflows, and adoption training for staff to use Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Springboard, and other related tools that integrate with Salesforce for their daily work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required
- Passion for the mechanics of fundraising and building a culture of philanthropy
- Approach interactions with donors and supporters with a customer-service mindset
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail
- Good computer skills are required, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database, or a demonstrated capacity to learn new technology quickly and effectively
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and Related Application Users; a moderate degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with Non-Salesforce Users.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and Nonprofit processes required.
- Minimum three years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator preferred.
- Salesforce Admin (ADX201 and ADX211) certified preferred.
- A documented history of successful project completion.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes.
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred.
Compensation is dependent upon experience and based on labor market.
Computer Skills: The incumbent must work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet, and spreadsheet software; have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch (FWW) strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Food & Water Watch is committed to the health and safety of its staff members. Moreover, FWW, as an organization, promotes science-based policy. Science clearly shows that unvaccinated populations drive the spread of the coronavirus and the emergence of new variants, and that unvaccinated people are more likely to contract COVID and experience severe symptoms. Effective immediately, prospective new staff members are required to provide proof of vaccination or request a waiver as a condition of their offer of employment.
Help us fix the broken systems that threaten natural resources and stand up against corporate control.
Submit your résumé today!