Contact Email: [email protected]
Post Date: 08.06.21
Job Type: Full-time
Office Location: Negotiable (this position is approved for remote work, with a preference for DC-based candidates).
The Manager of Monthly Giving has responsibility for the monthly giving program at Food & Water Watch including online and offline strategies. The Membership Manager will develop the monthly giving strategy, oversee day-to-day operations of this program, and personally manage a portfolio of high-value monthly donors. This individual will also work with and oversee Food & Water Watch staff to meet their monthly donor fundraising goals. This position reports to the Director of Philanthropic Operations. This position is approved for remote work, with a preference for DC-based candidates. This is a Bargaining Unit/Union Position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work across departments including with our digital and organizing teams to develop and implement monthly donor recruitment campaigns, define key performance measures and track the tactics and strategy across all channels including: direct mail, email, web, social media, events, and personal relationships.
- Develop an annual communications strategy that builds a sense of community, and conveys and shows appreciation for the impact monthly donors have on Food & Water Watch’s mission.
- Create and oversee retention and upgrade strategies, including the use of automated messages and personal outreach.
- Steward and cultivate high-value monthly-donor members by creating a strategy to engage them through mail, phone, digital, text and personal communications. Maintain a donor portfolio of at least 100 monthly donors.
- Manage the monthly donor acknowledgement program using unique and inspiring ways to deepen their commitment. This includes working with Food & Water Watch staff to thank monthly donors and personally making calls to thank monthly donors.
- Manage the reporting and tracking of the monthly giving program and meet annual fundraising goals.
- Work with the Food & Water Watch digital team to ensure that the online strategies, needs, and activities of the monthly giving program are fully and seamlessly integrated and coordinated with overall digital strategy; this individual liaisons with the digital team on a regular basis.
- Manage and work with staff of Food & Water Watch to ensure they are meeting their monthly donor fundraising goals. This includes strategy sessions with the team, creating written materials for their needs and creating processes and systems for tracking progress.
- In collaboration with the Food & Water Watch salesforce team, ensure good data hygiene and manage all monthly giving operations including acknowledgments, processing gifts and maintaining data to ensure accuracy. Work with our existing database (Salesforce) and other digital tools to manage the monthly giving program, suggesting new tools or platforms as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support Our Culture of Philanthropy: Demonstrate an understanding of the essential role of our members and supporters, and consistently serve as an ambassador for FWW/FWA and our work. Participate in or attend events and other activities as appropriate that are organized for our supporters and donors. Be cognizant of fundraising opportunities and share contacts and information that will help build and sustain FWW/FWA.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required
- Passion for the mechanics of fundraising and building a culture of philanthropy
- Approach interactions with donors and supporters with a customer-service mindset
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail
- Good computer skills are required, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database, or a demonstrated capacity to learn new technology quickly and effectively
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with donors and prospects; a high degree of contact with Managing Directors and other staff; and a high degree of contact with non-development related activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS, etc.) and 4-6 years of fundraising experience in a relevant field or program. We are seeking an individual who has:
- A proven track record of managing and growing a monthly-giving program at a nonprofit organization.
- An appreciation for the unique expectations and needs of monthly donors, informed by the philanthropy best practices and the latest research.
- Self-sufficiency in building reports and tracking metrics in a database such as Salesforce.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for donor communications and internal communications.
Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch (FWW) strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Food & Water Watch is committed to the health and safety of its staff members. Moreover, FWW, as an organization, promotes science-based policy. Science clearly shows that unvaccinated populations drive the spread of the coronavirus and the emergence of new variants, and that unvaccinated people are more likely to contract COVID and experience severe symptoms. Effective immediately, prospective new staff members are required to provide proof of vaccination or request a waiver as a condition of their offer of employment.
Help us fix the broken systems that threaten natural resources and stand up against corporate control.
Submit your résumé today!