Contact Email: [email protected]
Post Date: 06.30.21
Job Type: Seasonal Employee
Office Location: Los Angeles, CA
Food & Water Watch is working to create a healthy future for all people and generations to come — a world where everyone has food they can trust, clean drinking water and a livable climate. Making this happen requires involving people in the pressing issues of our time at the local, state, and federal level, building on one win after another, as we develop a larger movement that has the political power to make our democratic process work.
The Organizing Associate will report to the California Director and will work with other California organizing staff, and policy and communications staff as necessary. The Organizer will support FWW’s campaign to move Los Angeles targets in priority districts on FWW signature campaigns, and support the California Organizing team as necessary. The Organizing Associate will work remotely with volunteers and allied organizations in target districts with the goal of growing FWW’s organizing capacity, building volunteer affinity with FWW, and moving target legislators to support FWW policy goals. The Organizing Associate may also support state and federal campaigns on FWW aligned issues. This position will require flexibility and adaptability as campaign and political circumstances shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating the Los Angeles Volunteer Program.
- Assisting in building strategic coalitions with labor groups, elected officials, faith-based organizations, citizen activists, businesses and students.
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at events.
- Assisting in media outreach to educate millions of people.
- Producing online materials such as action alerts, newsletters and activist guides.
- Researching emerging issues to move campaigns forward and power mapping key targets.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Carry out other projects as assigned.
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch priorities and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign and grassroots organizing skills.
- Adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software. Experience or knowledge of digital organizing tools is a plus.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Hourly Rate: $15.00/hour
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Help us fix our broken systems and stand up against corporate control. Submit your résumé today!