Contact Email: [email protected]
Post Date: 05.14.21
Job Type: Full-time Employee
Office Location: Europe
Food & Water Watch is working to create a healthy future for all people and generations to come — a world where everyone has food they can trust, clean drinking water and a livable climate. Making this happen requires involving people in the pressing issues of our time at the local, state, and federal level, building on one win after another, as we develop a larger movement that has the political power to make our democratic process work.
The gas campaigner at the European office works to stop new gas infrastructure in Europe with a specific focus on methane emissions and EU policies around methane.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and develop coalitions around gas and methane and implement grassroots organizing and public education campaigns targeting European institutions.
- Liaise and maintain contacts with grassroots movements across Europe campaigning against fracking, natural gas, gas infrastructure and fossil-gas based hydrogen.
- In coordination with the rest of the team, build a strong base of organizations and individuals in support of our campaigns against fossil fuels.
- Work with the rest of the team to develop strategic campaign plans including long- and short-term goals, strategies and tactics.
- Maintain familiarity with a diverse set of issues and research products, and respond to information requests from activists, coalition members, policy makers and media.
- Collect, analyze, edit and produce reports.
- Develop education materials such as factsheets, action alerts, web site content and newsletter articles on various campaign issues.
- Provide research on policy and advocacy issues as required.
- Attend and speak at meetings and public events, as relevant.
- Organize jointly with other NGOs public events or conferences.
- Reports to EU Affairs Director.
- Carry out other projects, as assigned.
- Support Our Culture of Philanthropy: Demonstrate an understanding of the essential role of our members and supporters, and consistently serve as an ambassador for FWW/FWA/FWAE and our work. Participate in or attend events and other activities as appropriate that are organized for our supporters and donors. Be cognizant of fundraising opportunities and share contacts and information that will help build and sustain FWW/FWA/FWAE.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with colleagues at FWAE and the climate team at FWW, allied Brussels-based NGOs and grassroots groups around Europe; a moderate degree of contact with other staff, journalists and other activists groups around Europe; and a low degree of contact with other international NGOs, members of the European Parliament and officials at the European Commission, industry lobbyists and politicians at national and regional level.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS, etc.); 3-5 years of related experience.
Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Annualized Salary: 35000 EUR
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Help us fix our broken systems and stand up against corporate control. Submit your résumé today!