The Northern California Senior Organizer will report to the Central Coast Organizing Manager and will work with other state and national organizing staff and policy, research, online and communications staff to support FWW’s work to build a strong base of organizations and individuals in support of our campaigns, with a particular emphasis on banning fracking and dangerous drilling and advocating for food and water justice in California and nationally.
The Northern California Senior Organizer will have several main responsibilities: fundraising including writing grants and reports, cultivating major donors, and ensuring the organizing team meet fundraising goals. This is a Bargaining Unit/Union Position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead fundraising efforts pertaining to the Northern California program including building and maintaining relationships with foundations and major donors.
- Build a strong base of organizations and individuals in support of our campaigns, with a particular emphasis on banning fracking and dangerous drilling and advocating for food and water justice in California and nationally.
- Work with a team to develop strategic campaign plans including long- and short-term goals, strategies and tactics.
- Work closely with team and partner organizations to develop and implement joint strategies.
- Participate in coalitions on campaign issues and implement grassroots organizing and public education campaigns.
- Speak at public events, forums, and other venues, and serves as a representative of Food & Water Action/Watch to the public and the media.
- Assist in building the capacity and leadership of volunteers and allied grassroots organizations by offering training and organizing support.
- Maintain familiarity with a diverse set of issues, research products, and FWW’s suite of digital organizing tools, and respond to information and support requests from activists, coalition members, and the media.
- Develop educational materials such as factsheets, action alerts, website content and newsletter articles on various campaign issues. Maintain activist database and email lists to effectively communicate to members and supporters.
- Regularly report on work to supervisors and donors.
- [If applicable] Participate and/or develop non-partisan electoral strategies and tactics for either/both Food and Water Watch (c3) and Food and Water Action (c4).
- Participate in membership recruitment and fundraising for Food & Water Action/Watch.
- Support Our Culture of Philanthropy: All staff must assist in fundraising and development for the organization. All staff must demonstrate an understanding that our members and supporters make our work (and our salaries) possible and should provide the highest level of customer and member services to people outside the organization. While your job position does not require you to raise any particular amount, you are expected to always be an “ambassador” for FWW/FWA and our work. All staff are expected to help with and participate/attend events and other activities as appropriate that are organized for our supporters and donors. All staff are expected to be cognizant of fundraising opportunities and to share contacts and information that will help build and sustain FWW/FWA.
- Carry out other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the person in this position is expected to have a complete understanding of FWW’s Strategic Organizing model and an ability to develop campaign strategy. The Senior Organizer will be expected to work closely with organizing staff, volunteers and allied organizations to ensure campaigns are moving forward to achieve programmatic goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education and experience. Three years of full-time experience organizing. Clear demonstration of ability to develop effective organizing strategies. Familiarity with California politics and northern California communities. Familiarity and experience working on elections strategies a plus. Development experience and experience working with donors a plus.
Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Compensation: Annualized salary of $$55,000.00 – $62,000.00 (based on labor market, education and experience).
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Help us fix our broken systems and stand up against corporate control. Submit your résumé today!