Online Organizing & Advocacy Internship
We are currently seeking summer interns interested in fighting for safe food, clean water, and healthy oceans. This position is full-time, and will run for 10 weeks. Summer interns receive a small stipend. Current student standing is not necessary. We operate in a relaxed office environment in Washington, DC, metro accessible.
We work to protect water as a public resource rather than a commodity sold to the highest bidder, covering issues related to water privatization, state water policy, and exposing the myths and dangers of bottled water. We also work to stop factory fish farming and promote safe and sustainable food. Interns will have the benefit of learning critical research, online organizing and advocacy skills from experienced staff.
Responsibilities may include:
- Building strategic online campaigns by working directly with our field organizers to match our online organizing strategy to our offline field efforts
- Writing and producing online materials such as action alerts, and activist guides
- Do in depth analysis of action rates, and email performance to inform our online strategy
- Utilizing online engagement platforms such as Salsa and Convio to craft action alerts
- Researching emerging issues to move online campaigns forward
- Performing A/B testing on online content to inform our strategy
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development
- Hold regular office hours and participate in weekly meetings with Organizing staff
Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change. Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills. Desire to develop online campaign organizing skills.
How to Apply:
Please email a tailored cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected] (Subject: Summer DC Online Organizing Internship), or mail to:
Food & Water Watch
Attn: Intern Coordinator
1616 P St NW
Washington, DC 20036
Please be sure to indicate in your cover letter that you are interested in the Summer DC Online Organizing Internship.