Food & Water Watch is seeking a Regional Director to support the organization’s efforts in California.
The Regional Director will play a key role on our national major giving team, and will be responsible for the expansion of the program in critical states, as well as the stewardship of existing major donors ($5K+ annually) in the territory.
The position reports to the Deputy Director of Development and works closely with the Executive Director and Senior Leadership. The position is based in our Los Angeles, California office. Some telecommuting may be arranged.
Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge organizing campaigns that champions healthy food and clean water for all. We stand up to corporations that prioritize profit before people, and advocate for a democracy that improves people’s lives and protects our environment.
- Manage all aspects of the major gifts program for the region, supervising annual gifts of $5,000 and more and special gifts from these and other donors.
- Establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, have opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and enjoy a close relationship to the organization.
- Perform prospect research to qualify potential major donors as necessary.
- Maintain at least a working knowledge of FWW national campaign priorities, with specific attention paid to efforts in relevant areas.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and reports as part of the stewardship program.
- Coordinate Major Gifts cultivation and recognition events.
- Work with Deputy Director and Senior Leadership to establish budget goals and strategies to reach them. Provide regular analysis and reporting on progress to goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years fundraising experience, preferably within an advocacy environment.
- Demonstrated success personally soliciting gifts at the five-figure level and above.
- A track record of portfolio management meeting yearly solicitation goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with FWW leadership and staff, prospects and donors.
- Excellent organizational skills and successful experience managing events and other complex activities in support of development initiatives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make effective presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects and others.
- Ability to conduct research and assemble data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate and timely reports and other documents to support development activities.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to work as a team player.
- Ability to travel (approx. 40%)
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical/dental/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply. Click here to submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references.