Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge campaigns that challenge the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources, empower people to take action and transform the public consciousness about what we eat and drink. Since 2005, we have won significant victories to protect our food and water. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, the Washington Post and other major media outlets. For more information check out our website at www.foodandwaterwatch.org.
We are currently seeking Fall organizing interns interested in fighting for safe food, clean water, and healthy oceans. Current student standing is not necessary. Academic credit is often available for students based on university praxis or service learning opportunities. We provide volunteer credit for participants in service groups. Click here for more information about our locations. Program will run from September to December 2016.
Responsibilities may include:
- Building strategic coalitions with religious groups, labor groups, elected officials, citizen activists, businesses and students.
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events.
- Assisting in media outreach to educate millions of people.
- Producing printed and online materials such as action alerts, newsletters, and activist guides.
- Researching emerging issues to move campaigns forward and power mapping key decision makers.
- Bottom-lining at least one element of the campaign.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Hold regular office hours and participate in weekly meetings with Organizing staff.
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
How to apply:
Please email a tailored cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected] (Subject: Fall Grassroots Organizing & Advocacy Internship).
Please put the specific location for which you are applying in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.