Food & Water Watch is a leading national advocacy organization that runs cutting edge organizing campaigns to ban fracking, ensure safe drinking water for all and challenge the corporate control and abuse of our food, water and democracy. Our Online Organizing Team uses creative digital strategies to educate and engage supporters, build a network of activists, pressure strategic campaign targets, fundraise, and build long term political power.
The Online Engagement Specialist works to push the organization’s digital program to higher levels of impact and performance through data analytics and optimization. We’re looking for a communicator who’s also a techie to join our digital team. This position is preferred to be located in our Washington, DC office, or one of our field offices.
- Quickly and concisely write and send email advocacy alerts and fundraising emails.
- Develop a strategy for testing and optimizing online supporter engagement and fundraising.
- Be an expert on our eCRM (Convio/Luminate Online) to help us take full advantage of advanced features.
- Brainstorm and implement creative new ways to engage supporters in taking action.
- Track and analyze online advocacy and fundraising metrics.
- Develop data-driven organizational best practices and train team members.
- Develop and implement coordinated strategies for email communications to grow our list of online and offline supporters.
- Support organizational list growth and acquisition.
- Manage technical projects and collaborate with web developers, website managers and others within the organization.
- Assist in creating online action alerts, web content and other materials needed to implement campaigns.
- Maintain familiarity with a diverse set of issues and respond to information requests from activists and coalition members if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: At least three years experience in online organizing and/or online fundraising – strong knowledge of online organizing tools is a must. Experience using online tools to strengthen offline grassroots campaigns is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge: Strong knowledge of best practices for non-profit online marketing, including email messaging, online advocacy, and online fundraising; familiarity with grassroots organizing and advocacy techniques is strongly preferred; familiarity with legislative campaigns, consumer and environmental issues; knowledge of social media best practices; knowledge of, passion for, and experience with water, food, or public interest issues a strong plus.
- Skills: Demonstrated online communications skills, including the ability to quickly condense information and convey it clearly and concisely; strong interpersonal and collaborative skills; excellent organizational and planning skills; proficiency with eCRM systems (such as Convio/Luminate Online); strong understanding of metrics, analytics, reporting tools and A/B testing; excel expert; strong writer; experience with HTML and CSS is a strong plus.
- Capabilities: Passion for the web and using technology for social good; Tinkerer/not afraid to explore and solve technical issues; ability to think on your feet and quickly to respond to legislative developments and to take advantage of breaking news; demonstrated leadership capability; ability to work well with a wide variety of people (both technical and non-technical staff) and to coordinate diverse tasks; ability to present technical concepts to a general audience; can-do attitude and commitment to public interest work; troubleshooting and ability to track down and solve problems; attention to detail; ability to take direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks at once; sense of humor appreciated.
- Conditions: Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch. Long/irregular hours and travel possible.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical/dental/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply. Click here to submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references.