Food & Water Watch is a non-profit organization that champions healthy food and clean water for all. We stand up to corporations that put profits before people, and advocate for a democracy that improves people’s lives and protects our environment. Learn more at: foodandwaterwatch.org.
Food & Water Watch is inviting applicants to support campaigns for water justice, food sovereignty and a ban on fracking. The International Policy Intern will work directly with members of the international team to provide information, analysis and written materials to support Food & Water Watch campaigns.
We operate in a relaxed office environment in Washington, DC, metro accessible. Applicants should be able to commit to 20 hrs/week.
Responsibilities may include:
- Research corporations, government and international financial institutions to help craft reports, briefing papers, and articles for the general public, media, NGOs, elected officials and government agencies.
- Assist researchers with data collection, synthesis, and analysis.
- Write popular education blogs about our international campaigns.
- Lobby Congress on foreign affairs legislation.
- Assist with outreach to international partners.
- Some administrative support (approximately 10%).
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and demonstrated commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Sense of humor and ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Experience in academic and corporate research is a plus, as is a background in any of the following: international development, climate change, agriculture and natural resources management, food and nutrition, economics, political science.
- Students currently pursuing a master’s degree and with Spanish fluency are preferred. French is also an asset.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and 3-5pg writing sample to: [email protected] (Subject: International Policy Internship - Spring 2017)
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.