How can you get smart milk into your school?
The first step is to call your food service director (the person in charge of buying all food for your district) and ask if your district’s milk is free of artificial hormones. If it’s not, the next step is to approach your wellness committee. These folks can recommend that the school board include rBGH-free milk in the wellness policy. After the wellness committee has agreed, go before the school board and speak to them before they vote on whether or not to approve the change to the wellness policy. Once the board votes yes, the food service director will begin to buy milk free from artificial hormones!
It’s really just 5 easy steps:
- Call your School Food Service Director
- Talk to your wellness committee , go to one of their meetings with a few other parents and recommend that they change the wellness policy to include buying only rBGH-free milk.
- Go to the school board meeting to voice your support for the wellness committee’s decision.
- School board votes to change the wellness policy.
- Schools buy rBGH-free milk!