Integrated Data and Engagement Strategist
Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge campaigns challenging the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources. We’ve grown to a staff of over 90 people with staff in 17 offices in the U.S. We have a robust supporter engagement program for our half a million supporters that includes field organizing, online organizing, direct mail, and canvass programs.
We are looking for a pioneering and data driven individual to join our team to help us break new ground on truly integrating all of these programs with our new CRM systems. We have an internal culture of data analysis and testing, and are very much looking for an inquisitive and analytical thought partner who can help us take our programs to the next level.
The Integrated Data and Engagement Strategist is a new position that will work to develop and implement new innovative tools and strategies to engage our donors and activists to accomplish Food & Water Watch’s program goals using Convio Luminate Online and Convio Luminate CRM (and related tools). This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the data strategy for an organization running major multi-channel integrated organizing and fundraising campaigns. This position is preferred to be based in Washington, DC. This position will report to the Deputy Organizing Director, and will work closely with the Organizing, Development and IT departments.
- Coordinate and implement how data is used to accomplish our program goals with our Convio Integrated database systems
- Lead data driven analysis of donors and activists to help create more effective engagement strategies
- Understand the data needs of different teams within the organization and interpret those needs into data management practices
- Coordinate and implement multi-channel segmentation planning with organizing and fundraising staff
- Create, and share supporter queries and reports for online and offline communication purposes in conjunction with organizing and fundraising staff
- Develop and analyze fundraising and advocacy reports to identify trends and improve programs and integration across online and offline channels
- Create business rules and workflows for regular organizational database processes related to advocacy and fundraising efforts, and optimize current systems then work with IT or System Administrator to discuss, test and implement.
- Create new protocols and workflows for staff to use Convio Luminate CRM for their daily work, encouraging user adoption of the tools throughout the organization, then work with IT or System Administrator to discuss, test and implement.
- Work with organizing and fundraising departments on creative campaign development and execution, including tracking, testing and optimizing the engagement of new campaign activists through the use of supporter data
- Train staff and colleagues in above-listed activities to build capacity across the organization – e.g. one-on-one coaching, written, recorded and live trainings
- Work with IT staff and consultants to improve the efficiency of the Convio Luminate integration configuration
- Work with staff to effectively monitor and improve the quality of our data hygiene
- Maintain and expand expertise in the Convio and Salesforce toolset. Monitor new features and recommend ways to take full advantage of the system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree required.
- Required Experience: At least two years experience with database management or online CRM administration.
- Desired Experience: Working knowledge of Convio Luminate CRM Tool, and how it integrates with Convio Luminate Online, and how it works with Salesforce or equivalent database experience; Experience in online and offline fundraising and advocacy campaigns; Experience with multi-channel direct marketing list planning and segmentation. Field or online organizing experience a plus!
- Desired Knowledge: Data management best practices; online fundraising data management and best practices; grassroots organizing and advocacy techniques; familiarity with legislative campaigns; Knowledge of, passion for, and experience with water, food, oceans, or public interest issues a strong plus.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills, including online communications; project management skills; strong interpersonal and planning skills; excellent organizational skills. Knowledge of CRM systems, databases, and analytics. Strong Knowledge of Excel, SQL, R, SAS, or other data analysis tools is a plus.
- Capabilities: Ability to think creatively to use database tools to accomplish organizational priorities; data analysis and ability to draw conclusions from data and present those conclusions to decision-makers; demonstrated leadership capability and ability to take initiative; ability to work well with a wide variety of people and to coordinate diverse tasks; ability to present technical concepts to non-technical staff; can-do attitude and commitment to public interest work. Ability to take direction, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis. Sense of humor appreciated.
- Conditions: Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid medical/dental/vision/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected]. Position open until filled. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply.